Foremost, after a short spell in the world of Wordpress, us in The Kingdom of Matt decided to return to the world of Blogger.

So. With that out of the way, let's talk about this idea I've had.
If you happen to be following my blog (which, to be honest, I wouldn't really expect you to be doing (you'll understand why in a second)), then you'll probably have noticed how disjointed my posting is. Sometimes I'll post a couple times in a week, but then I can go three weeks and remain completely silent.
I'm a ponderer (actually, I'm a Type 4 and an INFP, if you're interested), and so naturally I wondered why my posting habit was so sporadic.
And then it hit me.
When any person writes any thing, three specific things are woven into it specifically. When those things are put into a series, it's assumed that all of those written 'things' follow these three specific things. Confused? Me too.
When anyone writes, they naturally conform (whether they realise it or not) to Audience, Purpose, and Style.
So, if I am writing a post about cake-making, my audience is people that bake cakes. My purpose is to write about cake-making. My style is fairly explanatory and instructive.
But my blog didn't have that.
What was it, or is it, that I'm trying to achieve? My first posts don't fit the style of a typical 'personal rant'-esque blog. Yet, my later posts now seem a little political and ranty. What am I trying to achieve here?
I couldn't tell you. But, thankfully, the brainwave struck.
So, I was thinking to myself on how my P.A.S. could all be put together to make my blog work for all of us -- for you and for me.
But I suppose that brainwave is only half of the brainwave I need. I understand that I need to make this blog cohesive -- to have a niche -- but whatever that niche is, I don't have a clue.
So, I shall leave you with this beautiful video as I ponder on this last, difficult step of my blog's path. It keeps me going, at least. :]





No comments:
Post a Comment