Thursday, 30 April 2009

The Angry E-mail to Sky

Oh. My. Jebus.

So, I gets home after a cruddy day that's pretty much killed me and what's this? Sky's gone and downgraded my viewing experience while still managing to steal money from my family?

Uhm, not on.

So, here's the angry e-mail I want to send to them. Sadly, I have to cut it down by another 250 characters before they'll accept it.


"Sky,

Today I returned home to find my Sky+ HD TV services had been 'upgraded'.


Frankly, I am appalled. Not only was I not given the option to retain the original layout for changing the channel and accessing the TV Guide (+ other options) but, even more frustrating, the layout is confusing and laggy.


To tell you the truth, Sky, I would have expected something far more customer-friendly from an organisation that implies such a quality through its advertising efforts. If I had wanted a visual-downgrade (contrary to whatever you may be calling it), I would have asked for one.


What's even MORE shocking is the fact that you seem to have closed the gap even further to why a person shouldn't get Virgin TV. The new design implemented is far from different and, as such, seems shoddy, poorly-crafted and zealously over-complicated.


To summarise, I am infuriated with both this update AND the fact that on no occasion did you ask ME whether I'd like to change what *I* see.


So, Sky, either promptly give me the information on how I can revert my layout to the user-friendly one you previously implemented or give me a damn good reason why I should continue using this god-almighty one instead of finding another, more attractive television provider."



Grr. To be completely frank, I wouldn't be so frakked off with them if they had just gone and asked me whether or not I wanted to have this o-so-fantastic 'upgrade'. However, deciding to change what I see on my television and making me feel trapped while watching something is not my idea of a decent upgrade.

1 comment:

  1. Wooo go Matt! Ruddy Sky!

    From your biggest fan... Jadey! hehe

    ReplyDelete