Friday, 14 August 2009

Ugh. I'll be back soon.

As my ability to write has turned to burnt toast, and the ability to churn out writing when my heart's not in it has never been good, I've decided to give myself a guilt-free week (-1 day) of not writing. As I'm a rookie blogger, I doubt anyone will really mind all that much.

You're probably thinking something along the lines of, "But you haven't blogged since August 9th and have taken longer breaks than this before. Why are you giving yourself time off when you've had longer periods of not writing?"

Well, what you may not realise is that even though, yes, I've had longer times off and, no, I don't blog super-frequently, I am always thinking about something else to write. Another angle, another idea, another rant. Also, dudes, is the fact that I start writing a day or two after posting. I always backspace them into infinity, of course. But still, I'm always trying to get something else out. The thing is though, to many of my teachers' displeasure, I don't work well when I'm trying to just 'get something done'. And thus, we land in this situation.

So, I hope you'll forgive me, but The Kingdom of Matt is closed until Thursday, August 20th pending immediate inspection by Health & Safety. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We might send you a courtesy toaster.

I leave you with this delicious beasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment